Associate Engineer – Facilities & Engineering
US – Rhode Island – West Greenwich
The Associate Engineer reports to the Senior Manager of the ARI Facilities & Engineering Equipment Engineering group. The Associate Engineer – Facilities & Engineering will support AR30 and is responsible for maintenance and reliability engineering assignments.
- Apply basic engineering principles and practices in support of daily operation and maintenance of plant utility and process systems.
- Recommend and implement improvements to equipment maintenance content in the Maximo computerized maintenance management system including equipment data, job plans, spare parts, safety data, planning information, and PM schedules.
- Work closely with multiple disciplines, including Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Utility Operations, Maintenance, Process Development and Validation to ensure safe, compliant, effective and reliable operations.
- Organize, analyze, and effectively present results for operational issues, engineering projects or maintenance tasks of small to medium scope and complexity.
- Provide engineering support for design, construction, startup, commissioning and qualification of new or modified systems.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support.
- Provide field support to identify and resolve equipment performance issues (design, application, operations, maintenance, etc.).
- Support maintenance planning, scheduling and execution.
- Provide ad-hoc support outside normal shift including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Advance the use of condition based and predictive maintenance practices by incorporating advanced data analytics where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree or completed by June 2019
- Associate’s degree and 4 years of Engineering experience
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Engineering experience
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Discipline
- Basic engineering principles and ability to apply to resolve issues.
- Strong math and computer skills and possess the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
- Energetic and technically-minded individual
- Ability to learn equipment and systems design, operation and maintenance requirements
- Strong mechanical acumen
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.