Sr Manager Information Systems – IS Lead Enterprise Platforms and Corporate Functions INTERCO
US – Puerto Rico – Juncos
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager IS to join our team at Amgen’s regional manufacturing Plant in Juncos, Puerto Rico, to grow and support our Enterprise Platforms & Corporate Function (Finance & HR) services in the Intercontinental region.
The Senior Manager Information Systems role will need a successful track record of leading change for ERP and other large Enterprise Platforms like SAP, Ariba, Hyperion, etc. The candidate also have strong customer engagement and delivery skills. The job holder will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary IS teams to support the growth and support of the different platforms and will be also responsible to ensure consistent & effective engagement and delivery of Enterprise Platform & Corporate Functions services, specifically GERP, Automation, Integration, Application Development, Operations IT, Finance IT and HR IT.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Drive solutions to resolve regional challenges covering Operations, Finance and HR and/or to help grow the organization, this will be achieved by either leveraging our existing platforms or identifying new technologies
- Implement tools that meet regional needs leveraging automation, integration and mobile development
- Have significant client contact and use knowledge gained to drive the development of core technology to continue to meet client needs for Operations, HR and Finance
- Identify service opportunities and work with and guide our technical teams to realize them
- Build strong network with teams across the whole of Amgen Global IS to bring and implement the best technology to our regional client base to solve their problems and help grow the region
- Take ownership of internal client issues and follow problems through to resolution working with appropriate IS teams
- Lead effective and efficient execution of the support operations for LATAM for the global SAP ecosystem including all SAP modules, EDI, Mulesoft, TraceLink and other supporting application
- Engage frequently with Business & IS Executive management and partner closely to ensure robust governance of our services
- Manage Enterprise Platforms & Corporate Functions related governance & communications at regional level
- Act as an escalation point for production system related issues and get engaged as needed in critical system related issues/events and drive them to conclusion
BASIC EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or biotechnology industry
Master’s degree and 6 years of experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or biotechnology industry
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or biotechnology industry
- Educational background in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with Enterprise Platforms as SAP, Aribe, Hyperion, ERP, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in the deploying and supporting of complex enterprise environments
- 2+ years of experience of operating in a global managed service environment
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between Strategy, Execution and Resource Management, capable of contributing to the strategic agenda and operationalizing and delivering the strategy
- Excellent leadership skills with a collaborative approach and the ability to engage and inspire people at all levels within the organization
- Significant experience in building and maintaining relationships at all levels, with the ability to resolve conflict between numerous parties
- Highly developed commercial awareness with strong analytical skills that can translate data into action
- Ability to respond quickly to issues and effectively manage a depth and breadth of competing activities and priorities
- Project management skills
- Strong customer relationship management skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.