Disease Lead Solid Tumor
Switzerland – Rotkreuz
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Every year, Amgen is included on numerous best employers’ lists worldwide, as we understand that our success rests on attracting and retaining the best talent.
Our European Hub based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland is comprised of highly qualified professionals from a variety of cultural backgrounds, whose efforts are primarily centered on marketing our products in the region.
We are currently seeking a Disease Lead Solid Tumor (Director level) for our Oncology Franchise. The successful candidate will mainly focus on cross-functional leadership of the solid tumor team, developing regional Biomarker strategy in collaboration with Global as well as successfully launching brand within overall life-cycle management strategy. Further objectives are to develop disease strategy and execute on brand plans.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develops European Brand Plan and long range plan in line with global guidance and under guidance from EU hub
- Leads cross-functionally to drive and identify innovative solutions and approaches within disease
- Identifies and analyzes strategic options and recommends Brand strategic choices and key tactical programs
- Provides European input to global team on disease, brand and lifecycle matters
- Provides Marketing input to disease team
- Partners with disease European Medical Lead and Access Lead in regards to development and execution of disease strategies
- Leads and develops direct reports as well as team members
- Leads overall Value based healthcare initiatives on disease
- Ensures effective communication within cross-functional disease team as well as with relevant affiliate functions.
- Close collaboration with key markets in Europe as well as Global – including co-creation on key initiatives and effective best practice sharing
- Coordinates competitive intelligence and drives competitive action plans
- Manages performance metrics for Brands and reviews brand business cases
- Collaborates with other Brand Director(s) within the EU Marketing & Commercial Excellence team on joint projects
- Partners with Supply Chain on developing and implementing innovative solutions in order to supply customers
- Academic education or experience from similar positions
- >8 years experience in industry
- 1-3 years experience in pharmaceutical selling
- >3 years experience as a Product Manager or Sales Manager
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications
- Documented marketing management track record of success and product launches
- Marketing experience in Oncology
- >5 years experience in a leading pharmaceutical/biotechnology company
- >2 years experience as International Brand Director
- Documented experience in launching (or turning around) products within highly competitive therapy areas across multiple countries
- Significant experience in working within demanding matrix environment (including partnership with supply chain)
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.