Value & Access Director — Value-Based Partnership Field Director
US - California - Thousand Oaks - Field/Remote; US - Alabama - Montgomery - Field/Remote; US - Alaska - Juneau -Field/Remote; US - Arizona - Phoenix - Field/Remote; US - Arkansas - Little Rock - Field/Remote; US - Colorado - Denver - Field/Remote; US - Connecticut - Bridgeport - Field/Remote; US - Delaware - Wilmington - Field/Remote; US - Florida - Jacksonville - Field/Remote; US - GeorgiStatewide
The Amgen Value-Based Partnership (VBP) group is committed to developing and executing partnerships with payers, integrated delivery networks and other strategically aligned healthcare entities who share a commitment to collaboration and innovation. The VBP Field Director is responsible for identifying, creating and maintaining productive working relationships with our partners, and also working closely with multiple internal functions to identify and execute joint projects. While not specifically responsible for executing projects, the VBP Field Director will be responsible for overseeing and collaborating as necessary on all projects within their assigned partnership accounts. The primary focus of this role will be identifying and driving partnerships within the US, with the possibility of some interaction overseas with regional Amgen affiliates and partners outside the US.
This position is a remote-based position and will require frequent travel as necessary both to Thousand Oaks as well as to partner locations, and can range between 20% – 50% of time depending on business priorities.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary point of contact between Amgen, and partners (potential and existing) specifically with regard to the Value-Based Partnership and projects therein
- Lead the process of communicating Amgen’s vision of strategic partnerships, generating interest, and gaining agreement with partners to embark on both partnerships and projects
- Work seamlessly across functions within Amgen, including: Organized Customer Team (OCT); Medical; Reimbursement, Access & Value (RAV); Brand; Global Health Economics (GHE); VBP; Legal; Compliance; and others to both create and maintain a strong working relationship with our partners
- Lead the process of identifying, documenting and presenting both partnerships and projects for internal VBP approval
- Work with partners to identify and execute high-impact projects that deliver value to both Amgen and our partners
- Present to and drive funding “D” by senior management
- Work with internal teams and finance to plan and successfully manage annual budgets
- Ensure compliance with all legal/regulatory/compliance policies and work collaboratively with such functions to identify and resolve potential issues in a timely fashion
Doctorate degree and 4 years of market access and/or health economics and outcomes research and/or marketing and/or sales and/or business development experience
Master’s degree and 7 years of market access and/or health economics and outcomes research and/or marketing and/or sales and/or business development experience
Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of market access and/or health economics and outcomes research and/or marketing and/or sales and/or business development experience
- MBA, MPH or Masters Degree specifically related to healthcare or life sciences
- Previous healthcare customer or account management experience, with specific focus on demand generation, project management, relationship management and development
- Strong understanding of the US healthcare environment with particular emphasis on the payer, pharmacy benefit management (PBM), integrated delivery network (IDN)
- Strong working knowledge of the disease states and products within Amgen’s portfolio of market products and pipeline assets
- Previous experience generating content and working internally within Amgen to gain legal/compliance/regulatory approval
- Quick learner, proactive, takes initiative, goal oriented and results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment and build strong, successful relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, identify strategic options and trade-offs
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communications skills including executive level presence and ability to engage with senior executives from both Amgen and partners at steering committees and other joint meetings
Amgen provides a collaborative and creative culture in a company with a strong track record of innovation. Our culture encourages open dialogue and diverse views to land on the best solutions, and we help ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.