Process Development Senior Associate- Synthetic
US – Massachusetts – Cambridge; US – California – Thousand Oaks
Amgen is seeking a Process Development Senior Associate to support all aspects of small molecule process development to advance the Amgen pipeline as part of the Pivotal Drug Substance Process Development organization. The candidate will work under the supervision of a Ph.D. Scientist, will participate in drug substance development teams and will be expected to develop innovative solutions to prepare small molecule drug candidates. Research activities include reaction development, characterization of reaction profiles and isolated compounds, process scale-up development, participating in cGMP campaigns targeting bulk Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient to support clinical supply and commercial process development activities. The candidate will maintain electronic laboratory notebooks and computer files, participate in group and project meetings, and attend seminars. The candidate will work in a team environment collaborating with various colleagues in process development and engage in tech transfer activities with Amgen’s global partners.
Master’s degree in Organic Chemistry
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and 2 years of Scientific, Process Development or Operations experience
- Masters in Organic Chemistry
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry
- Broad knowledge of organic chemistry reactions and current scientific literature
- Basic laboratory skills including synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic small molecules
- Analytical techniques including NMR, HPLC and Mass Spec
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting analytical data
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of basic office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.