Senior Manager Information Systems – Master Data Management
US – California – Thousand Oaks
Amgen is seeking a Senior Manager Information Systems (IS) – Master Data Management at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Global Data Management & Analytics organization and will be responsible for managing and maintaining Global Master Data Management service platform and capabilities. The Senior Manager will report to the Director Information Systems and will partner closely with the global and regional business and IS stakeholders.
The Senior Manager will provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to manage the end to end life cycle of commercial data as part of the Global Data Management service within the Commercial IS organization.
The Global Data & Analytics (DnA) IS team is responsible for managing and implementing global & regional data management, analytics, reporting technology solution & service capabilities. This team collaborates with regional and affiliate business teams to maximize synergies and enable data and analytics capabilities.
Key Activities for the Senior Manager Master Data Management include:
- Develop the overall strategic direction, vision and roadmap for Commercial Master Data Management and Governance (Customer, Products, Territory & Patient domains)
- Partner with regional business and IS stakeholders to support evolving business needs around data management & translate them into technology solutions
- Lead and implement the delivery of master data management services and solutions that align with the global, regional and affiliate functional needs
- Understand key business processes and performance indicators to drive the business value of MDM in digital transformation
- Manage data governance processes focusing on the quality, consistency, usability, and availability of Customer, Product and Field Territory Alignment, etc. to the business and downstream systems
- Create appropriate standards, processes and tools to promote and facilitate a consistent approach for the acquisition of data sources focusing on the integrity and security of all data sources
- Define standard operating procedures for data stewardship, manage global data governance sessions and execute on operational plan by managing the cross-functional teams
- Keep track of industry and technology trends around data management, connect and foster external networking opportunities to deliver valuable insight from other similar professionals in our industry
- Partner with business clients to develop and manage service level agreements, provide service KPIs and ensure ongoing application stability
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with focus on data management and integration.
- Excellent influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key business partners, IT leadership teams, and external service providers
- Experience in implementing Master Data Management (MDM) solution, leveraging external and internal data sources including, but not limited to, Customer, Product, Multichannel, Sales etc.
- Strong data management, integration and governance experience with pharmaceutical business knowledge along with technical aptitude in defining and advancing the Data Management and Analytical solutions
- Experience with Informatica MDM, Reltio or similar tools used for managing master data in the Life Science industry
- Experience with dashboard reporting tools like Tableau
- Experience with agile/scrum delivery model and complete project lifecycle in data management area, including but not limited to requirements gathering, data analysis, design, development, and testing and data validation
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to master, with minimal support, new IS technologies and processes
- Solid business acumen, understanding of what are the key business drivers that will generate desired results.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal, written communication & presentation skills
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.