China – Shanghai
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions. To underpin our commitment to serve patients in China, Amgen has established a Research and Development facility in Shanghai, China. The Amgen China R&D Center has a Translational Science focus with modern molecular and cellular science and pathology laboratories, designed to discover and develop valuable biomarkers in support of clinical programs. In addition, our clinical pharmacology, biostatistics, and research discovery teams also focus on cardiovascular diseases and cancer treatment.
Amgen China Post-doc Station is an Independent Postdoc Work Station certified by Ministry of Human Resource and Social Security (HR&SS).
Amgen Asia R&D Center is looking for a Postdoc fellows in the following concentrations:
- Clinical biomarker development. The position will primarily focus on cardiovascular biomarker discovery and development in China. The successful candidate is expected to interact closely with the Amgen US-based biomarker groups, China-based key opinion leaders, to develop and implement research to understand biomarker characteristics in the Chinese patient population.
- MD or/and PhD in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Pharmacology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or Biostatistics.
- The candidate with a strong background in cardiovascular diseases research is a strong plus.
- Experience in clinical observational biomarker study is a plus.
- Familiarity with assay development and qualification, and genomic technologies such as, but not limited to, next generation sequencing and transcriptional profiling.
- Familiarity with molecular network analysis and modeling using highthroughput transcriptome or preoteome data.
- The candidate is expected to work in a highly matrixed environment and drive scientific and technical innovation collaboratively with other members of the group, as well as with Amgen research community.
- Outstanding communication skills including both oral and written presentation are required.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.