Senior Scientist Biologics
India – Field/Remote
Senior Scientist Biologics
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions. To underpin our commitment to serve patients, Amgen is hiring a Senior Scientist in the department of Therapeutic Discovery at the Syngene Amgen Research Center.
The successful candidate will facilitate protein reagent generation workflows at SARC. This is to be done in coordination with other Amgen scientists at SARC, with Syngene, and with scientists and management at Amgen North America. Responsibilities will involve (but are not limited to) the following activities:
- Project strategy and tactical approach
- Assist SARC scientists in designing, cloning, expressing and purifying antibodies and other proteins, for the complete workflow from gene to protein;
- Reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting scientific data and results; providing regular updates, documentation, and/or communication on project results;
- Interface with other Amgen and SARC scientists based at SARC to ensure seamless communication and well running workflows with other functions;
- Manage interactions of SARC with Syngene Core facilities for relevant assays and techniques
- Interact with Amgen North America scientists to facilitate technology transfer and ensure best practices for reagent protein generation; collaborating with other scientists and keeping current with field of expertise, including literature and technology development;
- Participating in national and international scientific meetings; providing scientific results that support the generation of publications, patents, or regulatory submissions and supervising research associates and laboratory assistants.
The candidate will play a critical role in the long-term development of SARC as a human therapeutics discovery facility within Amgen R&D and Process Development.
Master’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience
Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of scientific experience
- Doctorate degree and 5+ years of post-doctorate experience in the biopharmaceutical industry; strong working knowledge of human therapeutics discovery and development;
- Possess an in-depth understanding of molecular biology
- Have mammalian, baculo or microbial expression experience
- Possess experience in protein biochemistry and biophysical methods for the characterization of proteins
- Established scientific track record as evidenced by external publication and presentations;
- Experience working in a cross-functional, matrixed, and global research organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team of scientists;
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment;
- Acumen in operational management and efficiency; ability to prioritize effectively, utilize resources efficiently and construct realistic experimental timelines;
- Proactive, enthusiastic, show a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.