Sr. Information Systems Associate
Canada – Mississauga
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is seeking a Sr Associate IS Analyst at its main office in Mississauga, Canada to join the IS department to support various local transformational IS and Business initiatives. The Incumbent will report into Sr Manager, Information Systems (IS).
Key Activities for the Sr Associate IS Analyst include:
- Point of contact for assigned planning and operational tasks
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into solutions
- Responsible for managing key business relationships that are essential for the capability that this role will support
- Work closely with internal technical SMEs and vendor partner, and enabling user adoption
- Serves on project teams and assist with workshop planning and facilitation as well as project deliverable production
- Track the progress of project(s), including milestones, action items and escalation and resolution of issue
- Work directly with business team to analyze current processes and capabilities to identify opportunities for improvements
- PO Creation and various accounts payable administration
- Manage and prioritize support of multiple project teams at one time
- Project reporting including appropriate risk analysis
- Participate in Risk Assessment process with the business
- Responsible for completing access reviews on digital assets
- 2+ years of Information Systems experience
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with focus on stakeholder management
- Excellent influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key business partners, internal technical teams, and external service providers
- 2+ years Project Management experience, including the ability to identify and execute initiatives, manage multiple projects, prioritize project resources, assess project effectiveness and efficiency, and conduct business analysis
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Agile processes and principles
- Sharp learning agility, problem solving and analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of ServiceNow (ITSM) platform
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process as it relates to Digital assets
- Ability to lead and influence clients and technical team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly and effectively present information formally and informally
Amgen endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact TalentAcquisitionInquiries@amgen.com to make a request and ensure you include the requisition number.
Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to facilitate the equal participation of candidates with disabilities, should you be selected for an interview.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.