Senior Associate Medical Operations (PSP Lead)
Ireland – Dublin
The Title: Senior Associate Medical Operations (PSP Lead)
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
You will lead the work on the delivery, implementation, optimisation and tracking of patient support programmes (PSPs), developed in conjunction with healthcare professionals (HCPs), third party providers and the brand teams to meet the needs of patients and the Irish Healthcare system.
The senior associate medical operations role will be part of a cross-functional team and will report directly to the Medical Senior Manager.
- Preparation, delivery and tracking of healthcare support services tailored to the needs of HCPs, patients and business priorities
- Working with the medical lead, the cross functional brand team, and third-party providers during programme development and evolution
- Ensure healthcare support services fulfil all compliance requirements
- Perform the first-line review and approval of monthly invoices for non-promotional programmes
- Maintain oversight of costs, associated inventory, training records, risk and risk mitigation.
- Design metrics and perform analysis on key performance indicators
- Prepare reports and/or presentations and participate in scheduled internal business review meetings
- Organise & drive regular PSP review meetings with external vendors
Office based (with some flexibility for home working)
Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including bonus scheme
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Sound working knowledge of and/or experience in healthcare support services implementation and delivery
- Pharmaceutical industry experience including detailed understanding of the IPHA Code of Practice
- Clear communication style to ensure effective working with cross-functional team members
- Attention to detail and possess a good understanding of the regulatory and compliance environment
- Numerical confidence – demonstrated aptitude to interpret data and trends
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Proven experience in patient support programme delivery
- Experience in pharmacovigilance and quality management
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.