Cardiovascular Regional Medical Liaison – Denver
US – Colorado – Denver
This position is within the Cardiovascular Medical Liaison team and will interact with healthcare decision makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives. The Regional Medical Liaison RML is an integral position in assuring accurate clear and valued information regarding our science and products to multiple levels within the medical community. The successful Regional Medical Liaison will communicate complex cutting edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers including but not limited to those at Academic Medical Centers, Integrated Delivery Networks, Accountable Care Organizations, and Regional Health Systems. The role may also include interactions with P&T/formulary, and policy and pathways decision makers . The RML is also responsible for identifying and training members of Amgen’s speaker’s bureau to ensure they are updated on new data. In addition the RML will provide feedback based on field interactions and scientific support consistent with Amgen research and product support/Specific Role and Duties.
The Medical Liaison will- Interact with healthcare thought leaders to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals and objectives:
– Communicate complex cutting edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers including but not limited to those at Academic Medical Centers, Integrated Delivery Networks, Accountable Care Organizations, and Regional Health Systems
– Provide clinical information to payers, quality and outcomes, P&T/formulary, and policy and pathways decision makers
– Identify and train members of Amgen’s speaker’s bureau and ensure they are updated on new data
– Facilitate submission of investigator sponsored research proposals- Support Amgen sponsored research
– Provide feedback based on field interactions with healthcare opinion leaders and decision makers
– Provide scientific support consistent with the RML compliance standards for sales corporate account and other matrix colleagues facilitated HCP inquiries
– Foster scientific relationships between Amgen and fellows in training
– Lead and participate on committees or project teams that support RML strategies and tactics as delegated by RML leadership
– Seek out opportunities to support the RML value proposition and achieve results and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes
– Demonstrate tact and organizational savvy when communicating and interacting with others. The Regional Medical Liaison will model openness and innovation through words actions and decisions. Amgen RMLs share learning including entrepreneurial and innovative ideas with others and hold self-accountable for performance as well as encouraging others to achieve and be accountable for performance.
Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (other Doctoral degrees considered)
3+ years of experience in a medically-related field, including 1 or more years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically-related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships).
Current Amgen experience in Scientific Affairs or Medical Affairs experience at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
Knowledge in Inflammation therapeutic expertise area
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.