Senior Specialty Representative, Neuro – Houston S, TX
US - Texas - Houston - Field/RemoteStatewide
Territory # MH3G1D – Houston S, TX
Covering: South Houston, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Webster, Katy
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Amgen’s medicines treat serious illnesses and our research address diseases with a limited number of treatment options. With a robust and differentiated pipeline, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people’s lives. As a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients, we are actively searching for a Senior Specialty Representative to deliver on this commitment to patients.
Amgen supports and encourages our team members to have long term, fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this opportunity to craft a long-term career with Amgen. The Senior Specialty Representative acts as the primary customer contact and is responsible for executing marketing strategy and promoting Amgen products as led by the District Manager.
Our Senior Specialty Representatives achieve territory sales by utilizing their background and experience to:
- Provide current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Amgen’s products and effectively communicate the clinical and economic benefits of the products to medical professionals
- Perform as a sales leader to achieve territory sales by executing and delivering branded sales messages strategies. This includes: delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Utilize internal and external relationships to service and manage accounts which includes: ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts
- Analyze business effectiveness of sales activities and territory analysis, as well as develop territory plans with the District Manager
- Have passion for our products and sustain that passion through the entire sales cycle while always building our brand, never losing sight of how we serve patients
- Partner with other colleagues to share best practices and be in a state of continuous curiosity and learning to help grow as a Senior Specialty Representative
- Leverage passion for disease state awareness, industry, regulatory and competitive changes to deliver agreed results
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of sales experience
Associate degree and 6 years of sales experience
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of sales experience
- Three or more years of sales experience within pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry
- Product or hospital sales experience in the areas of oncology, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology, inflammation, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, hepatology, gastroenterology or infectious diseases; and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties
- Local market knowledge
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration
- Adaptability with our Core Competencies: Planning and Organizing; Leveraging Business, Industry, and Technical Knowledge; Communicating with Impact; Driving for Results; and Cultivating Internal and External Relationships.
Amgen is a Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100 countries around the world. We invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.