Regional Operations Lead
Netherlands – Breda
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. We provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator.
At Amgen Breda (ABR) medicines are labelled, assembled, stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. Amgen Breda receives its products as semi-manufactured goods, which are then packed country-specific, stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. Every day more than 600 people in the Netherlands are working on supply chain processes, Engineering, marketing and sales of our medicines and clinical research into new medicines.
We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this:
Regional Operations Lead
What are your responsibilities?
The Regional Operations Lead is a spider in the web ensuring that our medicines are available in time to support new product launches, the introduction of new configurations. Moreover, the Regional Operation Lead is coordinating the different lifecycle management initiatives in the product portfolio. You will be operating in a cross functional environment being the liaison between multiple disciplines within Amgen, e.g. commercial brand teams, global product delivery team affiliate’s, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, quality etc.
If you have project management, communication and relationship building skills, have an eye for the big picture but also know that the devil is in the detail, and want to learn and develop yourself in a the constantly changing and challenging environment, then the ROL function might be the job for you.
In this role you:
- Generate project charters for launches and new devices and strengths introductions and ensure project gate review in alignment with international commercialization process
- Serve as Regional Ops representative to PDT; filters appropriate requests and information to PDT
- Serve as Regional Ops representative to EBT
- Chairs the combined Regional Operational Teams.
- Define and document regional product launch and lifecycle management strategy for region Europe, ensuring alignment with global product strategy. Is accountable for meeting the agreed strategy
- Serve as liaison with the site (in charge for site readiness execution) for a given product: meet launch and product lifecycle site readiness milestones, lead new SKU and rationalization requests.
- Ensure that the ROT members have an in-dept understanding of the business requirements and their roles and responsibilities as team members.
- Ensure regular project status updates both internally (to ROT members and ABR SLT) and external (to the project stake holders).
- Elevate issues to EU Supply Chain Management Committee that may affect successful completion of the project in a timely manner
- Continue to identify improvements in the Commercialization process and works with the right partners to implement these improvements
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Typically, 7+ years of related Supply Chain experience
- Records of leading teams / project management
- Bachelor or equivalent
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication
- Basic GMP knowledge and have a basic understanding of pharmaceutical regulations
- Understanding of sales & marketing principles and record of experience with commercial operations
- Pharmaceutical product commercialization and life cycle management;
- Experience in working in an international environment
- Experience in multi-disciplinary project & change management
- Experience in dealing in changing and ambiguous environment
- Able to act on operational, tactical and strategic level
- Ability to recognize strategic implications of complex product development activities and manage them cross-functionally
- Project management experience: including ability to identify and execute initiatives
- Ability to interact with technical subject matter experts
Why join Amgen?
Amgen is a Fortune 150 company and one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies operating in nearly 100 countries around the world. We are a values-based company, deeply rooted in science and innovation to transform new ideas and discoveries into medicines for patients with serious illnesses.
We invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients. That’s why, we provide you with valuable opportunities to broaden your experience and maximize your potential in a modern working environment.
We encourage open dialogue and professional debate, and we collaborate with world-class talent and institutions around the globe. We believe in rewarding those who do rewarding work and are committed to providing careers that can help turn the tide of serious, life-interrupting illnesses.
The recruitment process
The high-level recruitment process is as follows: resume screening, first phone screening, assessment invitation, face to face interviews.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.