Project Manager Molecular Modeling and Data Analysis (f/m)
Germany – Munich (Research)
Data quality and quantity is key for the success of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning. MELLODDY is a project where ten top European biopharmaceutical companies get together to share their discovery research data. This extended approach will extract the maximum information present within the data, which in turns enables a gradual virtualization of drug discovery processes and increases efficiency in bringing more and safer drug candidates towards clinical trials. The goal is to improve machine learning model accuracies for all participating members, whilst preserving member data privacy. This exciting project is supported by the EU through the “IMI – Innovative Medicines Initiative” and is scheduled for the duration of four years.
The Jobholder supports the Computational Scientists of the MELLODDY federated deep learning consortium and joins our drug discovery effort at our Munich Germany R&D site. As a member of global inter-company and interdisciplinary teams, the successful candidate will have responsibilities in the following major areas:
- serve as a strategic partner to the internal and external project team in the execution of the strategic vision of the program
- support the development and execution of high quality, intercompany, global integrated cross-functional project plan
- proactive and collaborative interaction with global teams and stakeholders and first point of contact to external collaborators for this project
- support program research data analysis and chemo-informatics, applying molecular modeling techniques, to support our drug discovery projects
- Project Management support of site cross-departmental projects, functional projects of key Early Development functions (Therapeutic Discovery, Process Development/Operations, in-vivo/in-vitro Pharmacology/Toxicology and PKDM/Bioanalytics) and other projects.
- PhD or Master’s degree or equivalent in chemical informatics (computational chemistry), computational biophysics, bioinformatics or related field
- At least first scientific experience, especially in protein structure and protein modeling, including experience in one or more molecular modeling suites (e.g. MOE, Schrodinger)
- At least first experience in scientific programming and standard data analysis, including experience in Pipeline Pilot, SQL, R, Python etc.
- First experience in managing projects and collaborating with cross-functional project teams is an advantage
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills in German and English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when determining and developing scientific analysis and solutions
- Professional and technical competence, awareness of quality and ability to deliver to established timelines is essential
- Highly motivated self-starter and strong team worker
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.