Marketing Senior Manager – Cardiovascular
Switzerland – Rotkreuz
Amgen is a leading human therapeutics company in the biotechnology industry. For over 35 years, the company has tapped the power of scientific discovery and innovation to advance the practice of medicine. Every year, Amgen is included on numerous best employers’ lists worldwide, as we understand that our success rests on attracting and retaining the best talent.
Our European Hub based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland is comprised of highly qualified professionals from a variety of cultural backgrounds, whose efforts are primarily centered on marketing our products in the region.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Senior Manager for our Cardiovascular therapeutic area. The successful candidate will mainly focus on supporting Repatha – our human monoclonal antibody that inhibits proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9), a protein that reduces the liver’s ability to remove low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), or “bad” cholesterol, from the blood. The main objective of the role is to maximize the brand potential in Europe, execute the EU Brand Plan and deliver the European branding campaign.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Develops & executes promotional activities, e.g. promotional materials, congress booth & tools
• Functions as Multichannel Brand lead with strong partnership to the innovation internal and external partners
• Contributes to European Brand Plan development
• Collects affiliate input in development of international promotional material
• Reviews country Brand materials with affiliates
• Partners with Medical Communication in the development and execution of European Congress presence/activities and Promotional Program
• Develops & supports the execution of key brand meetings
• Coordinates and evolves brand claims & messages with Development
• Chairs & leads virtual Repatha Product Manager network meetings with affiliates, as well as best practice sharing conferences
• Analyses Market Research and develops key insights to evolve brand strategy & promotional campaign
• Leads collective intelligence in collecting competitive information from affiliates and other sources, and develop appropriate response strategies with Brand Director
• Supports & contributes to the lifecycle management plans of Repatha
• Recruits and manages external vendors
• Academic education or experience from similar positions
• Minimum 5 years of experience in industry
• 1 to 3 years as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
• Minimum 3 years experience as a Product Manager
• Documented experience in the area of cardiovascular or other chronic diseases
• Documented track record of product launch
• Financial and budgeting skills and experience
• Fluency in English, both oral and written communications
• Computer skills (MS Office programs)
• Documented success in gaining or maintaining market leadership position
• Experience managing cross-functional projects
• Multi-channel marketing experience
• Experience in value-added service development for patient and caregivers
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.