Mexico Finance Head
Mexico – Mexico City
Scope: Responsible to lead the Finance Organization in Mexico.
- Provides insight and analysis to support the GM and Senior Management Team.
- Ensure that business decisions are based on financial criteria.
- Lead key initiatives in finance that support the overall strategic goals.
- Ensure sufficient funding is available to execute strategy set by the GM.
- Lead the FP&A & Performance Reporting activities.
- Ensure day-to-day Finance, Accounting and General Administration activities are properly executed according to Corporate Guidelines and Local Requirements.
- Assess performance, identify, retain and develop key talent for the organization.
- Assures Regional HUB support for affiliate based on SLA agreement
- Partnering with the business and providing leadership to drive performance/productivity and creating value
- Manages resources in order to achieve results when dealing with multiple and competing priorities projects using PMO skills
- Make sure of a correct balance between commercial and financial needs
- Provide strategic insight to the organization
- Shaping the future of the organization – develop the best team
Manages a team that:
- Provides robust & objective financial analysis with interpretation and recommendations to the RVP/GM to support business decisions.
- Proactively advises RVP/GM on important business and financial decisions/issues.
- Supervises and ensures timely and accurate execution of all FP&A activities (e.g., Budget, LRP, Forecast, LT, Management & Statutory Reporting, Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audits, etc.).
- Manages statutory (i.e., profitability) results with RVP/GM and Management Team.
- Ensures implementation and adherence to Corporate and IC policies & procedures.
- Finds solutions to potential fiscal and social issues with the help of internal and/or external advisors, if needed.
- Leads or participates in local and International projects
- Actively contributes to Intercontinental finance processes and issues and represents IC specific topics/issues.
- Develops Finance team (MAP, IDP, etc.). Coaches and mentors Finance Department staff
- Active player on IC Finance ED’s senior staff meetings (ICFLT).
- Be a role model
- Be a change agent
- Assertive, good negotiator, able to challenge the status quo and courage to provide candor and disconfirming information
- Motivate/focus/push self and others to achieve targets and deliver results
- Positive attitude, adapts well to change and can work in a culturally diverse environment
- Good communicator both oral and written
- Team player and able to navigate a cross-functional matrix
- Able to negotiate, influence, and resolve conflicts across multiple stakeholders
- College/University Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or alike.
- 15+ years aggregate experience in different managerial functions within Finance.
- Proficient in Financial Planning and Analysis, state-of-the-art know-how.
- Excellent general business knowledge (e.g., industry, finance, applicable laws, tax, insurance, etc.)
- Working knowledge of IS systems (including demonstrated capability of Hyperion Planning/Reporting, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & SAP ERP.)
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication
- MBA from leading school; or CPA plus relevant 10 years PQE.
- Experience in Pharma/Biotech Industry
- – >12 years of experience in Finance and >10 years in managerial and/or team leadership position
- Proven experience with US GAAP
- Experience in leading a Finance & Administration function in a matrix and international environment.
- Fluent with multiple languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish).
- Startup/small affiliate experience
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.