Sr Instrument Technician
Singapore Manufacturing – Tuas
Summary: Senior Instrument Technician (GCF 3A)
The Instrument Technician reports to the Maintenance Shift Lead on rotating 12 hours shift and is responsible for executing routine maintenance, breakdowns, repair and other ad-hoc troubleshooting works competently with minimal supervision and effectively communicates to customer to ensure minimal impact to production. Instrument Technician should ensure that such works are closed in a timely manner with proper documentation, complying with cGMP requirements, Amgen procedures and safety regulations.
- Perform routine maintenance activities, repair, installation and troubleshooting of equipment used for manufacturing, utility plants and analytical labs.
- Coordinate any work performed by contractors to minimize impact to production activities.
- Ensure work order documentation are completed in a timely manner with concise and accurate information.
- Assist in the investigation for equipment related failure analysis; provides effective and viable corrective and preventive actions.
- Develop and maintain detailed training for the team to expand team’s knowledge in the electrical and instrumentation field.
- Adhere to Amgen safe work practices.
- Preferred qualifications include a diploma or recognized technical certificate in electrical, electronic or mechatronics engineering with more than 3 years of related working experience in the electrical and/or instrument maintenance or servicing field.
- Good understanding on the application principles for various electrical equipment/switchgears and instrumentation devices.
- Self-motivated person that can work with minimal supervision or guidance, performs troubleshooting and provide effectively pragmatic resolution to overcome challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Dynamic person that embraces changes, take on diverse roles readily, keen to learn and actively seeks to expand knowledge for improvement, enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Interpret technical drawings for electrical, control, instrumentation and P&ID.
- Work on 12 hours rotating shift.
- Experience in a cGMP working environment or familiarization with hazardous classification codes such as ATEX, EEx or licensed electrical worker certification is an advantage.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.