Sr Associate Quality Control CAS (Chemistry)
Ireland – Dublin
Under minimal supervision, responsible for one or more of the following activities in QC including analytical testing of EU Release, Commercial, Stability, Utilities, raw materials and Validation.
- Contributes to team by ensuring the quality of the tasks/services provided by self
Extended hours and weekend work flexibility may be necessary as required.
Specific Job Duties:
- Plan and perform analyses with great efficiency and accuracy.
- Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
- Report, evaluate, back-up/archive, trend and approve analytical data.
- Troubleshoot, solve problems and communicate with stakeholders.
- Initiate and/or implement changes in controlled documents.
- Participate in audits, initiatives and projects that may be departmental or organizational in scope.
- Review protocols and perform assay validation and equipment qualification/ verifications when required.
- Introduce new techniques to the lab, including method transfers, reports, validations and protocols.
- May contribute to regulatory filings.
- May conduct lab investigations as necessary.
- Evaluate lab practices for compliance on a continuous basis.
- Approve lab results
- May interact with outside resources.
- LIMS data coordination of commercial and import testing on site where applicable
- May represent the department/organization on various teams. May train others.
Primary knowledge, skills, competencies and relevant experience
- Understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories and standards of GMP QC analytical laboratories. Deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning
- Knowledge of related regulatory/industry considerations, compliance issues and/or scientific discovery
- Communication skills (verbal and written) at all levels
Strong Technical writing skills for GMP documentation (e.g. investigations, procedures, change controls)
Escalate issues professionally and on a timely basis
- Decision Making skills
- Teamwork and Coaching others
- Negotiation and Influence skills
- Investigation skills
- Problem solving skillsApplies research, information gathering, analytical, and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope
Ensures compliance within regulatory environment
Develops solutions to technical problems of moderate complexity
Screens, categorizes, evaluates, reconciles, reports, and resolves data integrity issues
Interprets generally defined practices and methods
Able to use statistical analysis tools to perform data trending and evaluation
- Project Management and organizational skills, including ability to follow assignments through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver right first time results
Works under minimal direction Work is guided by objectives of the department or assignment
Refers to technical standards, principles, theories and precedents as needed
May set project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments
Recognizes and escalates problems
- Working knowledge of aseptic compliance within the manufacturing environment and demonstrated leadership and communication skills to communicate requirements to colleagues
- Auditing documentation and operation process
- Demonstrated ability to interact with regulatory agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science related field is required.
- 4+ years of biopharmaceutical QC experience or related quality control or GMP laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry,
- Experience with regulatory compliance in cGMP manufacturing and testing of pharmaceutical products.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.