Global Regulatory and R&D Policy Director
US – California – Thousand Oaks; US – Washington D.C.
The Global Regulatory and R&D Policy team advances important policy issues, aligned with Amgen’s goals and priorities, by engaging regulators, industry and professional associations, patient advocates, and internal subject matter experts across Amgen.
Amgen is seeking a Global Regulatory and R&D Policy Director to work out of our Thousand Oaks, CA or Washington, D.C. office.
The team leads and/or participates in developing, advocating for, and implementing Amgen’s positions on regulatory policies that impact Amgen’s business. The team works with cross-functional colleagues to develop strategic policy plans to advance regulatory policy issues and engages regulatory authorities, industry, and professional associations on policy issues.
The responsibilities of the position include:
• Providing strategic regulatory and R&D policy advice and guidance on a range of issues related to Amgen’s product portfolio
• Leading and/or participating in developing and successfully advancing Amgen’s regulatory, safety, and R&D policy positions
• Assisting and advising executive leadership on regulatory and R&D policy issues, including establishing priorities, and developing and executing regulatory policy advocacy plans
• Fostering a reputation with regulators as being science-based, reliable, and trustworthy by advocating for sound regulatory policies
• Leveraging understanding of regulatory health authorities (e.g. FDA, EMA), industry trade associations, and other relevant organizations, to advance Amgen’s position related to regulatory and safety policy
• Providing internal stakeholders (e.g., Global Government Affairs, R&D, Commercial, Legal) with a strategic regulatory and safety policy perspective on key issues
• Monitoring, analyzing, and anticipating changes in the regulatory environment, including their impact to Amgen’s policy strategy
Doctorate degree and 4 years working in a Pharmaceutical /Biotech industry or Health Agency with Regulatory/Policy or Legal experience
Master’s degree and 8 years working in a Pharmaceutical /Biotech industry or Health Agency with Regulatory/Policy or Legal experience
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years working in a Pharmaceutical /Biotech industry or Health Agency with Regulatory/Policy or Legal experience
- 8+ years’ experience in Pharmaceutical /Biotech industry or Health Agency with Regulatory/Policy or Legal experience
- Experience in building relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., trade associations, biopharmaceutical companies, FDA, EMA, other national competent authorities)
- Proven strategic and analytical abilities
- Knowledge of regulatory, R&D, safety, and drug development issues
- Experience in policy development
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry, including development and execution of regulatory policy strategic plans
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.