SEA Medical Manager – Biosimilars
Singapore – Singapore
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating scientific information on Amgen biosimilars to the Southeast Asia (+Taiwan) healthcare community, enabling informed decision making for optimal patient care and access to Amgen products.
Reporting to the Medical Director, SEA, the Manager‘s responsibilities will include execution of initiatives such as
- Communicating disease state and product information to internal and external customers,
- Providing support for key scientific congresses including creation of Medical Affairs booths and management of symposia
- Management of scientific platforms, scientific advisory boards
- Interface with global and countries to provide materials and support as necessary.
- Management of project-associated budgets.
This position offers an opportunity to work in a matrix environment with cross-functional teams that are focused on supporting Amgen’s biosimilar scientific programs.
- PharmD or PhD, with 1 or more years of relevant experience in clinical research, patient care, Clinical Development, Medical/Scientific Affairs
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs within the biopharmaceutical or generics industry, and/or experience in the areas of biosimilars, inflammation, and oncology
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Aptitude in writing and presenting on scientific and clinical data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills
- Demonstrated track record of strategic execution in a matrix environment
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Understanding of disease landscape and clinical data to enable critical analysis of scientific literature and communicate implications cross–functionally
- Prior experience of successfully managing consultants and vendors
- Some travel may be required-approximately 40%.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.