Medical Writing Manager, Oncology (Global Publications)
US – California – Thousand Oaks
The Medical Writing Manager is a full-time, headquarters-based position in Thousand Oaks, CA.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing publications within the oncology therapeutic area. The Manager will work closely with external authors and key internal stakeholders to develop high-quality, scientifically rigorous manuscripts and review articles for peer-reviewed scientific journals, as well as abstracts and presentations for scientific congresses.
Additional responsibilities may include the following: attending congresses and writing meeting summaries; preparing or editing documents for internal use; providing strategic input to publication teams and congress planning teams; overseeing the work of publication vendors; contributing to internal, process improvement initiatives.
This role provides an exceptional opportunity to be an integral member of a dynamic team that communicates the results of Amgen’s research to the scientific community and embraces Amgen’s aspiration to be the world’s best human therapeutics company.
Master’s degree and 3 years of medical writing experience in a pharmaceutical setting
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of medical writing experience in a pharmaceutical setting
Associate’s degree and 10 years of medical writing experience in a pharmaceutical setting
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of medical writing experience in a pharmaceutical setting
- Doctorate degree (e.g., Ph.D., PharmD)
- At least 1 year of medical writing experience in a pharmaceutical setting, preferably in the oncology therapeutic area, or postdoctoral experience in oncology
- Experience preparing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals as well as abstracts, posters, and slide decks for presentation at scientific congresses
- Knowledge of hematology and/or oncology
- Experience working in a matrix team setting
- Exceptional analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply project management skills to advance numerous projects simultaneously and to deliver high-quality documents rapidly
- Ability to lead and/or facilitate effective team meetings
- Proficient in word processing, including touch-typing, and pertinent software (e.g., Microsoft Office, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator)
- Knowledgeable about publication guidelines and best practices
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.