Netherlands – Breda
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. We provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and pioneering spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology innovator. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this job opportunity.
Amgen Breda receives its products as semi-manufactured goods, which are then packed country-specific, stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide.
Dedicated Amgen staff in the Netherlands are working on supply chain processes, Engineering, clinical research and marketing and sales of our medicines. We encourage our employees to have fulfilling and meaningful careers. We offer challenging assignments, career development programs, and valuable growth opportunities.
Currently we are seeking a Process Engineer to support the development and implementation of technical solutions for a variety of engineering initiatives supporting the FPT combination product portfolio at our Amgen office in Breda, Netherlands. The position is a key role in the Process Engineering group and the candidate must manage and/or apply extensive technical expertise in the coordination of multiple, complex, non-routine projects involving the planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance and alteration of systems, facilities and/or processes.
- Key responsibilities will include leading the Technical Transfer process for products to ABR, support in the design for manufacturability of all Amgen combination products. Additional responsibilities will include the provision of technical operations support for the continuous improvement of packaging lines capacity and performance, and advisory of technical improvement projects. The Engineer must ensure effective communication throughout the Amgen commercial site network with all stakeholders and deliver on technical improvements
- Act as the site subject matter expert for FPT combination products at ABR. Technical support for new process equipment and technology. The candidate is expected to use technical process knowledge and identify the required expertise to resolve process challenges as needed
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of productivity, throughput and general capacity improvements across the Amgen sites by analyzing, designing, and implementing manufacturing and business process improvements
- The Engineer is expected to build a network of FPT expertise across the Amgen commercial and clinical operations for product assembly, label and packaging. The position is expected to leverage this network in support of the design for manufacturability of new combination products, performance trending of existing combination products, equipment standardization and troubleshooting/process improvements
- Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas
- Basic technical knowledge within own speciality area
- Recognizes and understands the cross-dependencies of the technologies and understands the impacts on the organization
- Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives
- Basic knowledge of industry and business principles
- Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area in Amgen’s commercialization process
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/problems using multiple sources of information Qualitative information, Quantitative research, Trends & data Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems
- Creates new procedures and processes to drive improvements
- Handles diverse scope of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends
- Works under minimal direction
- Work is guided by operational and project objectives
- Manages multiple assignments and processes
- Independently determines approach to project
- May be responsible for specific programs and/or projects
- Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with function objectives
- Contributes to work group/team by ensuring quality of tasks/services provided by self and others
- Provides training and guidance to others
- Extends capabilities by working closely with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization
- Master’s degree and/or 2+ years of working experience in a GMP regulated environment
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4+ years of related professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills together with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Proven track record of contributing to cross-functional projects
- Strong team work, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with devices/combination products and the associated manufacturing process
- Experience of working with equipment suppliers
- Ability to work in a highly regulated and ever-changing industry
- Ability to learn and rapidly adapt to new requirements in a fast-moving environment
- An Operational Excellence approach to work product – driving rapid results
- A passion to deliver excellent work product, develop others with an infective positive attitude!
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.