Oncology Manager District Sales – Rocky Mountains
US - Colorado - Denver - Field/Remote; US - Iowa - Des Moines -Field/Remote; US - Missouri - Kansas City -Field/Remote; US - Montana - Billings -Field/Remote; US - Oklahoma - Oklahoma City - Field/Remote; US - Utah - Salt Lake City - Field/RemoteStatewide
Covering: Colorado, Utah, Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa , Montana
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within our Global Commercial Operations (GCO), we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities such as this:
This position collaborates cross-functionally with other Amgen business units including District Sales Managers, Regional Sales Directors and Corporate Account Managers. Candidates will understand the Oncology marketplace, develop business plans for their geography and implement national sales strategies and programs.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Provide feedback to district teams on the marketing, allocating, monitoring, and leveraging of internal and external resources (e.g., discretionary spend)
- Manage district teams to maximize their performance and help achieve/exceed sales and budget targets Screen, interview, and hire candidates
- Ensure compliance with training
- Demonstrate the appropriate coaching and counseling to prepare individuals for future development
- Conduct annual and on-going performance reviews and competency assessments
- Communicate and coordinate with both district and cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Finance, and other Business Units)
- Share best practices with direct reports and peers
- Coordinate and/or participate in cluster teams
- Conduct district sales meetings to guide districts
- Develop local Opinion Leader relationships to achieve aligned objectives
Doctorate degree & 2 years of Sales experience
Master’s degree & 6 years of Sales experience
Bachelor’s degree or & 8 years of Sales experience
Associate’s degree & 10 years of Sales experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Sales experience AND 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- BA / BS degree
- 8+ years pharmaceutical or biotech sales and/or marketing experience
- 2+ years sales management experience (or Management Development Program)
- 3+ years of ONCOLOGY sales experience
- Experience in biologics
- Buy and bill model experience
A Fortune 150 company operating in nearly 100 countries around the world, we invest in highly skilled, dedicated and collaborative individuals who are ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
That’s why, as a member of our GCO team, we provide you with valuable opportunities to broaden your experience and maximize your potential. Working across six therapeutic areas, we’re driving breakthrough medicines with our power to invigorate and innovate, and we have made a deep investment in biosimilars, all while maintaining an active licensing and acquisition effort that provides access to additional opportunities across the globe. We ensure the ability to actively collaborate with governments, world-class physicians and hospitals. We believe in rewarding those who do rewarding work and are committed to providing careers that can help turn the tide of serious, life-interrupting illnesses.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.