Executive Director Marketing Operations
US – California – Thousand Oaks
A member of the Global Product Strategy & Commercial Innovation (GPS&CI) senior leadership team, the Executive Director Marketing Operations (Commercial Excellence) is a critical role in the organization, overseeing commercial analytics and insights, data analytics, competitive intelligence and forecasting teams, and leads various key initiatives across the function.
Key responsibilities of this position:
- Manage global commercial analytics and insights, data analytics, competitive intelligence and forecasting.
- Lead or represent GPS&CI on various initiatives, committees and teams, such as creation of a commercial strategy development process and re-engineering Life Cycle Management.
- Build relationships with colleagues in key functions around the world to ensure alignment with GPS&CI and effective cross-functional coordination; foster relationships with the regional commercial leadership, CfOR, finance, supply planning, and US BAI
- Champion innovation and continuously build or improve marketing capabilities, processes and skills.
- Co-own (with US BAI) career development, career pathing and training initiatives supporting all of BAI ( Business Analysis & Information)
- Doctorate degree & 6 years of directly related experience
Master’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience
Bachelor’s degree & 12 years of directly related experience
6 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Prior experience in commercial positions with global responsibilities is important. Experience living and working outside the United States is highly valued.
- Possesses an understanding of broad, global market dynamics and the cultural awareness and sensitivity to form relationships and work effectively with colleagues around the world.
- Commercial Acumen. Exceptional commercial acumen and instincts; superior strategic marketing skills. A strong command of classic and innovative marketing disciplines and techniques. A thorough understanding of the external environment, internal capabilities, competitors and the interests of other stakeholders. Develops and applies best practices.
- Strategic Mindset. Demonstrated creativity in addressing strategic challenges; displays high intellectual curiosity and passion for learning; thinks out-of-the-box; asks the right questions; seeks expert opinions and insights; applies innovative ideas and takes measured risks. Develops and articulates a strong, value-based strategy.
- Collaboration Skills. Works effectively in a team-based organization, collaborates cross functionally, builds alignment around key objectives and exercises influence at all levels. Readily builds consensus and achieves agreement on key priorities. Conducts effective meetings. Excellent listener; seeks broad input and feedback; employs frequent and effective follow-up.
- Presentation Skills. Develops and delivers concise, relevant and well-supported briefings. Well-prepared and adapts presentation style to audience. Possesses the knowledge, credibility and maturity to influence senior management.
- Integrity. Possesses unquestioned integrity and strong business ethics. Leads by example and demonstrates a strong commitment to company values and culture. Displays a positive attitude and energizes colleagues and partners. Has the reputation and record of achievement to establish trust and credibility with subordinates, peers, superiors, corporate leaders, strategic partners and other stakeholders.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.