Senior Medical Advisor – Cardiovascular
Switzerland – Rotkreuz
Amgen is one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies. For nearly 4 decades, Amgen has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient. Amgen has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
We are currently seeking a European Senior Medical Advisor Repatha for our EU Medical Organization located in Rotkreuz, Switzerland. The primary focus of the successful candidate will be to support data generation including partnering with country teams to support investigator sponsored study implementation. Additional objectives of this role are to support the implementation of EU medical strategies, including disease state and product related programs and partner with country Amgen medical affairs staff to develop and maintain relationships with scientific experts and various external parties.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide EU-focused clinical input to and review of EU commercial plans and global strategic documents
- Design and execute phase 4 clinical trials and observational research to support clinical and commercial activities in partnership with Development Operations, Center for Observational Research and Global Health Economics
- Review EU Non-Amgen Sponsored Clinical Research (NASCR) proposals
- Provide clinical input and support for publications, training, RML support, congress activities and other scientific affairs activities
- Provide clinical input, review and participate in approval of materials used by medical affairs or the EU commercial organization
- Provide clinical content expertise for documents and participate in meetings in support of regulatory, safety, health economic and reimbursement interactions in the EU
- Assist in the execution of Advisory Board Meetings
- Provide interpretation of clinical study data
- Review scientific literature
- Review EU donation, and sponsorship requests
- Engage with key scientific experts and other important external stakeholders
- Medical Doctor or PhD degree
- 2 or more years of medical affairs and/or clinical research experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical) or significant interest in the cardiovascular therapeutic area
- Familiarity with national and/or EU regulatory and national access systems
- Experience with scientific expert interactions incl. existence of a network
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications
- Medical Doctor
- 4 or more years of medical affairs and/or clinical research experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical) in the cardiovascular therapeutic area
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.