Senior. Associate Corp Audit
US – California – Thousand Oaks
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science’s promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people’s lives.
The Corporate Audit Senior Associate will report to the Corporate Audit Senior Manager. The Audit Senior Associate will assist the Chief Audit Executive, Directors, Senior Managers and Staff of Amgen Corporate Audit in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services. The Audit Senior Associate will also help determine whether the Company’s systems of risk management, control and governance processes are adequate and functioning in a manner appropriate to a company of Amgen’s size and market. This position is part of the US business process audit team, consisting of several financial/operational auditors, who perform business process audits and work within a team which includes business process and IS auditors.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Audit Senior Associate include:
- Effectively plans, coordinates, and conducts periodic audits of operational and financial areas in accordance with approved annual audit plans
- Interacts with Amgen senior and mid-level management
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Successfully manages and cultivates key relationships to ensure that Corporate Audit’s scope of work and the objectives of the organization are completed in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Exercises excellent judgment and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Audit and the Company
- Drafts work papers documenting work performed and written communications of audit and consulting engagement results
- Provides project management responsibility for leading the direction and accomplishments of overall goals and objectives of audits
- Discharges responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics, International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Statement of Responsibilities
- Travel up to 20% per year
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Audit experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Audit experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Audit experience
- Big 4 and Fortune 500 internal audit experience
- Advanced certification (i.e., MBA, CPA, CISA or Six Sigma)
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control framework
- Pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry experience
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Analytical, interpersonal, team-building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent business acumen (e.g. knowledge of business drivers, finding solutions, and knowledge of accounting, finance and other business areas)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), including the ability to effectively and confidentially interact with Amgen senior management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.