Director Supply Chain
US – Rhode Island – West Greenwich
As part of the Amgen Rhode Island, Site Leadership team, the Director Supply Chain will be responsible leading the activities of the Production Planner and Inventory Control organization in support for the Drug Substance and Drug Product processes in ARI. The Supply Chain department oversees the short term and long-term capacity planning, bulk production planning, material requirements planning, inventory control, business system change control, monitoring and governance of the entire supply chain to ensure product supply, and Strategic Resource Planning as a part of the long-range capacity planning process.
- Interact with multiple levels of the organization
- Directs the day to day activities of Production Planning and Inventory Control.
- Handles all long-range capacity analyses that are driven as a result of increased demand, new products, or shifts in marketing strategy.
- Continuous improvement of processes to ensure scalability as site grows.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with Corporate and other Amgen sites regarding process alignment and customer service.
- Maintenance of Business Continuity program for the Supply Chain group.
- Creation of business cases for pursing process changes and for ensuring implementation of approved projects.
- Creation and delivery of focused Operation Reviews to Execute Management on the status of the operation and areas for improvement.
- Report out the monthly Site Business Review overall supply chain performance including production adherence, schedule stability, disposition adherence, etc.
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of Supply Chain or Material and Logistics Management, or Operations experience
- Master’s degree and 8 years of Supply Chain or Material and Logistics Management, or Operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Supply Chain or Material and Logistics Management, or Operations experience
- 4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Master’s degree (Materials Management, Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, MBA)
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Experience and understanding of Supply Chain, Material and Logistics Management concepts and the business systems used to ensure supply
- 4+ years of direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA)
- Ability to partner with stakeholders and influence at all levels of the organization
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.