China – Shanghai
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions. To underpin our commitment to serve patients in China, Amgen is now establishing a Research and Development facility in Shanghai. The Amgen Shanghai facility already established the stat-of-the art biology laboratory with the aim to discover and develop valuable drug candidates to meet increasing medical needs in varies human disease areas both in china and global.
Amgen China Postdoc Station is an Independent Postdoc Work Station certified by Ministry of Human Resource and Social Security (HR&SS).
Amgen Asia R&D Center discovery team is looking for a Postdoc fellow in cardiovascular research:
- The successful candidate will primarily lead a cardiovascular research project to characterize targets in cardiac physiological and pathophysiological conditions. The position will also be expected to interact closely with the discovery team members, external academic collaborators and CROs, to ensure significant project progress.
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, pathology, or related fields.
- Strong interest in cardiovascular therapeutics and motivated to work in an open, dynamic and driven team.
- Hands-on experience in animal handling, breeding, primary cell isolation and culture
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, vector construction, protein expression, and RNA and protein analysis
- Familiar with cardiovascular biology and related animal models (preferred but not required)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, meet timelines and work accurately
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills, and can work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and quantitative analytical skills.
- Doctorate degree.
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking in Chinese and English
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.