Senior Manager Manufacturing
US – California – Thousand Oaks; US – Massachusetts – Cambridge; US – Puerto Rico – Juncos; US – Rhode Island – West Greenwich
Under minimum supervision, the Senior Manager Manufacturing will lead and/or participate in multiple cross-functional initiatives leading to the improvement of supply chain and/or related enterprise-wide programs.
- Responsible to work with key suppliers with a primary objective to improve quality and reliability by reducing variability in our operations utilizing Operational Excellence tools and principles.
- Acts as “Plant Manager” for respective suppliers, collaborating with sites to drive initiatives to ensure quality, cost, and delivery of products
- Leader, Change Agent, and Program Ambassador
- Identify strategic objectives and articulate SRE vision, collaborating with the Executive Sponsor and supplier
- Partner with cross-functional team and SRE partner to ensure adequate resourcing and alignment with objectives
- Leverage and utilize Operational Excellence tools and resources to institutionalize continuous improvement mindset
- Use industry knowledge to comprehend issues and translate them to the rest of the team and organization
- Understand impact of quality and application of raw materials across the Enterprise
- Work hand-in-hand with internal quality, supply chain and process development organizations to ensure supplier sites are monitored and corrective actions are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Work with Operations Risk Management to evaluate the supplier’s Business continuity plans for alignment of expectations, the identification of gaps and improvement opportunities
- Increase supply chain transparency (N-X, VSM, etc.)
- Lead suppliers in developing advanced end-to-end supply chain processes to improve the management of inventory levels, risk mitigation, and supplier / Amgen efficiency
- Analyze, consolidate, and report demand and supply plans at the component / supplier level and provide supplier forecasts
- Analyze company raw material inventory plans including inventory levels, scrap, inventory purchases, category spend and consumption and determine areas for improvement
- Drive Continuous Improvement effort between supply chains (I.e. Lead time reduction, flexibility, supplier responsiveness, forecast accuracy, on time delivery, etc.)
- Facilitates Operational and Executive reviews
- Domestic and International travel average up to 20%
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Operations experience OR
- Master’s degree and 6 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Operations experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Operations experience OR
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Operations experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Operations experience AND 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Strong knowledge of enterprise resource planning and applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Finance and/or Business
- 7+ years’ experience in Corporate Planning, Raw Materials or Supply Chain Management within manufacturing environment.
- Experience to include supply and demand analysis, purchasing, logistics, capacity planning, inventory management (levels, purchases, consumption), risk mitigation, and supplier efficiency.
- 3+ years project management in a lead role (define, approve, develop milestones and metrics; oversee budget).
- 3+ year’s management (leading a team, supervising performance and staff development; oversee budget and policy making).
- Supplier negotiations and contract review experience
- Experience with advanced supply chain replenishment programs – Pull, JIT, VMI,
- ERP implementation experience
- Cost accounting experience
- APICS / CPIM certification
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites, social media chat and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application or send checks to be deposited in bank accounts. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on the Amgen career site. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov and thank you for your assistance.