Associate Manufacturing - Nights
Associate Manufacturing - NightsUS - Rhode Island - West Greenwich Apply Now
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Associate Manufacturing - Nights
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world! In this vital role, you will perform operations within Manufacturing at Amgen's innovative Rhode Island facility. There are multiple openings for this position across different areas within manufacturing (i.e., Solutions Prep, PPH, Cell Culture, etc.).
- Perform and monitor critical processes, execute routine validation protocols and regularly draft and revise documents such as Manufacturing Procedures, SOP's and technical reports.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting and assist in the review of documentation for assigned functions.
- May participate on cross-functional teams and represent the manufacturing teams.
- May also be responsible for owning deviations/CAPA's.
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements related to routine functions.
In this role, you will be expected to work a 12-hour shift (7PM-7AM) on a rotating schedule (C or D Shift). This includes extra benefits such asreceiving an added 15% shift differential, and also getting premium pay for any Sundays worked.The schedule during the initial on-boarding phase for this role (2-6 weeks) will be administrative (Monday through Friday, approximately 8am to 5pm).
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The hard-working professional we seek is a committed team player with these qualifications.
- High school/GED + 2 years of manufacturing or operations work experience OR
- Associate’s + 6 months of manufacturing or operations work experience OR
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of large-scale biotechnology operations such as purification, cell culture, aseptic processing, etc.
- Knowledge of Single-use Systems
- CFR and Regulatory knowledge
- Mechanical ability/expertise
- Basic statistical mathematical skills
- Ability to interpret and apply GMP knowledge
- Understanding of analytical methods for manufacturing area
- Demonstrated technical writing capability
- Able to demonstrate project management skills and presentation skills
- Ability to understand, apply and evaluate basic chemistry, biology and physical principles
- Basic troubleshooting skills on production equipment
- Experience with Delta V
- Experience with lab equipment/testing
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.