US Employee Benefits
Amgen offers staff members a Total Rewards package, which includes competitive base pay and bonus opportunities, excellent employee benefits, an outstanding work environment and opportunities for career development. Through these comprehensive offerings, every individual has the chance to achieve significant growth, both financially and professionally.
Our Total Rewards program is benchmarked against leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to ensure our programs are competitive with the very best employers. Through our performance-based bonus plan and our Long Term Incentive (LTI) program, we continue to provide our staff with the possibility of additional rewards with the potential to far exceed the median of our competitor group.
Health and Wellness
Comprehensive, affordable health care coverage is one of the cornerstones of Amgen’s benefits program. We offer the choice of a PPO and HMOs in many locations, as well as a number of programs that help make it easier to stay healthy and to balance work and life demands. Health coverage includes medical, prescription drug, and vision coverage; dental benefits; and access to our Personal Effectiveness Program (PEP), which provides counseling referrals and crises counseling.
Amgen also offers a wide variety of wellness programs including:
- Access to health resources such as an online health risk assessment tool; personal health coaches and many more tools
- A health care flexible spending account
- On-site fitness facilities in most locations and reimbursement for local gym membership for other locations
- Nutritional counseling
- Recreation, healthy living and fitness classes
- Tobacco-free environments at all Amgen campuses
Disability Coverage & Life Insurance
Amgen provides staff members and their families with protection from the unexpected. We offer company paid disability benefits and basic life insurance equal to twice your base pay. Individuals can also supplement these benefits with additional disability and life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage.
Other Employee Benefits
We know it can be challenging to balance different commitments and priorities. For that reason, we offer the following benefits and resources:
- Generous vacation time and at least 17 paid holidays annually which includes two paid week-long shutdowns each year, as well as adoption and leave-of-absence benefits
- Amgen also supports the educational priorities of our staff through a tuition reimbursement plan
- Flexible work arrangements including flextime, telecommuting, remote work, part-time and job-sharing
- A variety of family resources are available which includes a dependent care flexible spending account, work/life resources and referrals, and child care services and support
- Voluntary benefits including a group legal plan, long-term care insurance, and group auto and homeowners insurance
Preparing for Retirement
Amgen offers a competitive retirement benefits program that gives staff the opportunity to build retirement assets throughout their careers at Amgen and to help them prepare for a financially secure future. Programs include:
- A 401(k) retirement and savings plan that provides a core contribution of 5% as well as a company matching contribution of 100% of staff contributions up to 5 % of eligible pay. Additionally, Amgen provides a professional, customized financial-advice service to help staff make informed investing decisions specific to their retirement planning strategy–at no cost to staff members.
- A retiree medical saving account with a company matching contribution that provides staff an opportunity to save for eligible health care expenses after retirement
- Access to a retiree health care plan after retiring from Amgen
- An Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) which gives staff an opportunity to buy Amgen stock at a discount
- A supplemental retirement plan and a deferred compensation plan for eligible staff
We believe that having fun and enjoying life are as important as working hard. We have sponsored and participated in numerous extracurricular teams and hold annual activities including chili cook-offs.
NOTE: The foregoing is a general description of Amgen’s employee benefits, which benefits are subject to change or termination at any time and may vary according to location. To the extent any statements above are inconsistent with the controlling plan or program documents, the terms of the applicable plan or program document control.